Whether you’re looking for a delicious sweet treat to make for a school bake sale, are throwing a fall birthday party, or want to satisfy your sweet tooth these Apple Pie Cupcakes with Cinnamon Buttercream fit the bill perfectly! They combine the delicious flavors of fall into a tasty fall-inspired cupcake that impresses your guests.
Because these are apple cupcakes with cake mix and canned apple pie filling, they are easy to pull together when you’re short on time. They’re an incredibly delicious and easy fall cupcake idea that looks impressive!
Drooling yet? I don’t blame you. Read on to discover exactly how to make these apple filled cupcakes, then get ready to whip up dessert in your kitchen!
Not ready to make a batch of Chocolate Chip Orange Muffins? Pin them to your Breakfast Ideas board on Pinterest so you can find it easily when you need it.
How to Make Apple Pie Cupcakes with Cinnamon Buttercream
To get started, we’ll need a box of butter yellow cake mix, powdered sugar, pure vanilla extract, ground cinnamon, apple pie filling, a piping bag with a star tip, flour, light brown sugar, sugar, and kosher salt from the pantry.
How to Store Apple Pie Cupcakes
If you have any leftover cupcakes, store them in the refrigerator.
These are perfect for throwing into your child’s lunchbox or taking along to a get together.
Apple Pie Cupcakes with Cinnamon Buttercream are an impressive fall dessert recipe that is guaranteed to win over everyone! The combination of cinnamon apples and frosting is delicious – enjoy
More Autumn Cupcake Ideas
If you enjoyed these apple pie cupcakes, make sure you try our other fall cupcake recipes. They are deliciously indulgent desserts you’ll want to add to your recipe collection!
- 1 box of Butter Yellow Cake mix
- 1 cup Water
- 1/3 cup Unsalted butter, softened
- 3 large Eggs
- 1 Cupcake pan
- Cupcake liners
Cinnamon Vanilla Frosting
- 2 cups Unsalted butter, softened
- 4 ½ cup Powdered sugar
- 2 tsp Pure vanilla extract
- 3 - 6 cups Heavy whipping cream
- 2 tbsp Ground cinnamon
- 1 large Piping bag with star tip
- 1 - 21oz Apple pie filling
- ½ cup Light brown sugar
- ¼ cup Sugar
- 1 tsp Ground cinnamon
- ¼ tsp Kosher salt
- ½ cup Unsalted butter, melted
- 1 ¼ cup Flour
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line cupcake pan with the liners
- Using a hand or standing mixer, beat together all ingredients until combined and mixed
- Scoop ¾ batter into the liners
- Bake in the oven for 19 minutes or until a light golden brown
- Allow to cool completely
Cinnamon Vanilla Frosting
- Using a standing mixer, beat together the butter, powdered sugar, heavy whipping cream, cinnamon and vanilla until smooth and stiff with peaks
- Scoop frosting into the piping bag
- Combine all ingredients into a medium bowl
- Using your fingers, mix ingredients together until combined and crumble like
Building the Cupcake
- Pipe a ring of frosting onto the top of the cupcake
- Repeat step again to have a “wall” of frosting
- Remove some apples from the can and cut into smaller bites
- Scoop some of the apples into the center of the frosting
- Sprinkle some crumble on top
- Sprinkle with some cinnamon
- Serve & enjoy!