Colder weather calls for soups and hearty stews are on the menu! This Chicken and Dumplings Instant Pot Soup is just what you need for a warm and filling dinner this week.
Instant Pot Chicken and Dumplings with Biscuits
Thanks to the Instant Pot and the biscuits you can have this delicious meal on the table in under thirty minutes, and it is a one-pot dish! Serve this chicken and dumpling soup with a side salad and some rolls and dinner is done in no time flat!
Who needs Cracker Barrel chicken and dumplings when you can make a savory soup in your own kitchen for less money?
How to Make Chicken and Dumpling Instant Pot Soup
Let’s take a look at the ingredients and directions you will need to make your own chicken and dumplings using canned biscuits.
If your soup is too thin, you can add cornstarch to it two tablespoons at a time. Make sure that you stir well and wait a minute before adding additional cornstarch.
There you have it, a hot, satisfying Chicken and Dumpling Soup that you can have on the table in no time thanks to your Instant Pot.
Can I Freeze Chicken and Dumplings?
Yes! If you would like to freeze this soup for a later date I recommend doing the following:
- Leave out the dumplings and just make the chicken and soup base
- Cool your soup in the refrigerator overnight.
- Spoon into zip-top freezer bags, remove excess air and seal them shut.
- Place inside the freezer until ready to use or cook within 3-4 months.
To cook from frozen, add the mixture to a larger pan and warm through. Add the biscuits and cook until they are cooked through.
Not ready to make this chicken and dumplings recipe? Pin it to your Dinner Ideas board on Pinterest so you can find it easily when you need it.
This recipe is definitely a keeper for those days when you don’t want to spend a lot of time in the kitchen, or when you just don’t feel like cooking.
The Instant Pot really shines in recipes like this one where you have a lot of different ingredients and textures going on. With just a few minutes of prep, you could be sitting down to a steaming hot bowl of Chicken and Dumplings Instant Pot Soup.
If you enjoy recipes like these make sure to check out my other easy dinner recipes!
- 1 tablespoon Oil
- 1 cup carrots, chopped
- ½ large Onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon Minced garlic, about 3 cloves
- 5 Refrigerated canned biscuits
- 2 Chicken breasts, diced into 1” pieces
- 4 cups Chicken broth
- 1 cup Frozen peas
- ½ Heavy whipping cream
- 2 teaspoons Poultry seasoning
- 2 teaspoons Nature’s seasoning
- Salt, to taste
- Pepper, to taste
- Cornstarch to thicken the soup
- Chopped parsley for garnish
- Turn your instant pot to sauté mode. After your instant pot gets hot, add the oil and onion.
- Stir the the onion constantly for about three minutes until they are cooked completely.
- Add in the raw chopped carrots and minced garlic.
- Mix well and allow the flavors to cook through, making sure to continually stir so that the garlic doesn’t burn.
- Add in the chicken, broth, pepper, poultry seasoning, Nature's Seasoning, and salt. Mixed together.
- Allow the mixture to cook for about five minutes.
- After the five minutes, drop each portion of the biscuit on the broth spreading them out evenly. Do not mix.
- Seal the instant pot lid and move the valve away from you to lock in the pressure.
- Hit cancel on your instant pot. Set your instant pot to high pressure for eight minutes.
- Once it is done cooking, allow the instant pot to naturally release. This should take anywhere from 10 to 15 minutes.
- Once all the pressure has been released naturally (you will know this is been done completely when the pin has dropped that is located next to the valve), open the instant pot lid.
- Gently stir the soup, being carefully not to break up the dumplings.
- Add in the frozen peas and heavy cream. Mix well.
- Serve & enjoy!