Making the holidays sweet is easy with these festive Christmas wreath cupcakes. They’re a snap to make using the a boxed cake mix, but look like you spent hours in the kitchen creating these cupcake wreaths. If you’re trying to impress, you can’t go wrong with these adorable (and easy!) holiday treats.
Perfect for a holiday office party, a bake sale, or you child’s classroom party, these cupcakes will make a festive addition to any event or celebration. The yellow fondant star is so sweet and can easily be dressed up with a little edible gold dust!
How to Make Christmas Wreath Cupcakes
To save time (and headaches) during the busy season, use a boxed cake mix to make the cupcakes.
Then follow this quick decorating guide for the cutest Christmas wreath cupcakes. Spread holiday cheer with these treats at bake sales, or as an easy dessert the kids will love at the next Christmas party!
To decorate, simply fill piping bags (the disposable kind work best) with your homemade frosting and use the tips to design dots around the edge of the cupcakes.
Get the kids involved in the kitchen fun by letting them cut out the little yellow fondant stars. They may also enjoy placing the little candies on the finished wreaths.
Making a fancy Christmas cupcake doesn’t have to be hard, so try this quick Christmas Wreath Cupcake recipe this December!
Enjoy more Christmas baking with these easy to make candy cane cupcakes. Grab the kids and let them help roll the red and white fondant to make the candy canes!
More Christmas Recipes
- 12 Chocolate cupcakes
- 1 stick Butter, softened
- 2 cups Icing sugar
- 3-4 tbsp Milk
- Kelly green gel food coloring
- 2-3 oz. Yellow fondant
- Multi-colored candies
- Before decorating, be sure that your cupcakes are cool to the touch.
- Using an electric mixture, beat together softened butter, icing sugar and milk until smooth.
- Color with gel food coloring and mix on high until completely tinted.
- Using a frosting bag, dot around the circumference of each cupcake, making two “rows.”
- Roll fondant into ½ inch spheres and then shape into little stars (you’ll need 12 of them).
- Place one on each cupcake. Add multi-colored candies and serve. Enjoy and happy holidays!