How to Make a Haunted Mansion Cocktail for Your Happy Haunts
This Haunted Mansion Cocktail is the perfect way to celebrate all things spooky this Halloween! It’s a delicious blue curacao cocktail that celebrates the popular ride at Disney World’s Magic Kingdom. The purple drink has a creepy look, but it’s oh-so-fun for guests (dead or alive).
Blue Curacao, vodka, grenadine, and cranberry juice make this one stunning drink that is super easy to make! In order to really appreciate the drink, we have to talk about the attraction first.
Magic Kingdom’s Haunted Mansion
The Haunted Mansion in Disney World is one of the most popular attractions at the Orlando, Florida park. With it’s doom buggies, hitchhiking ghosts, and totally quotable stretching room monologue—it’s easy to see why the ride has such a cult following.
For those of you who haven’t had the pleasure of experiencing the attraction, the basic premise is that you are touring a haunted house with your “ghost host” in your very own your doom buggy.
The tour takes you through some of the spookiest rooms in the house including an eerie portrait gallery where the portraits come to life, a séance room where objects start flying around the room, and of course the ball room where the ghosts are enjoying a never ending dinner party.
With 999 ghosts, there’s room for one more, if you’re interested in choosing the eerie location for your final resting place.
One of the best parts of the ride is the amazing soundtrack which features songs like “Grim Grinning Ghosts” and “The Haunted Mansion Theme” which are both instantly recognizable to Disney fans.
It’s a really fun ride with some great special effects, but what’s even better, is you can celebrate this amazing ride at home with the amazing Haunted Mansion Cocktail!
As an Amazon partner some of the links in this post may be affiliate links. That means if you use a link to make a purchase, we may make a small commission at no cost to you. Thank you for your support!
Haunted Mansion Cocktail
The Haunted Mansion Cocktail is the perfect alcoholic drink to enjoy while watching the new Haunted Mansion movie, or the classic Eddie Murphy Haunted Mansion movie. Muppets and booze, sounds like a party to me!
The blue curacao liqueur gives the drink a beautiful blue color, while the grenadine and cranberry juice add a touch of sweetness. The vodka gives the drink a little bit of a kick, but it’s not too strong.
The yummy concoction of all the ingredients help bring the drink to life. If you’re looking for a fun and festive Halloween cocktail, then this is the perfect drink for you! Cheers!
Tips for Making Haunted Mansion Cocktail
- Feel free to use a cranberry flavored vodka if you’d want to add a tangy twist.
- Adding the purple colored granulated sugar around the rim is optional, but it adds a festive touch. You can also switch out the color of the sugar to match the theme if you’re hosting guests.
- If you want a non-alcoholic version, simply leave out the vodka.
- Create an extra spooky touch with dry ice instead of regular ice. Be sure to handle with care as it can burn your skin. Add it to the glass and then pour your drink over top.
What is Blue Curacao?
Blue Curacao is a popular liqueur that has a sweet citrus flavor and a brilliant purple/blue color. It’s often used in cocktails and desserts and can be found at most liquor stores.
The liqueur is made with the dried peel of the Laraha citrus fruit which is native to the island of Curaçao.
Blue Curacao has a sweet citrus flavor with notes of orange, lemon, and lime. It is often used to add sweetness and color to cocktails.
NOT READY TO MAKE THIS RECIPE? PIN THE IMAGE ABOVE ⬆️ TO YOUR DISNEY RECIPES BOARD ON PINTEREST—SO IT’S EASY TO FIND WHEN YOU NEED IT!
How to Make a Haunted Mansion Cocktail
Whether you’re looking for a festive Halloween cocktail or just a delicious drink to enjoy, the Haunted Mansion cocktail is perfect for you!
- Blue curacao
- Cranberry juice
- Purple sprinkles
In a shaker, combine vodka, Blue Curacao, grenadine, cranberry juice, and ice. Shake until combined.
Rim a glass with purple sugar sprinkles. Pour the cocktail into the glass and enjoy!
Haunted Mansion Cocktail Variations
- If you don’t have Blue Curacao, you can use Blueberry Schnapps or even Curacao.
- If you want a little bit of fizz in your drink, try adding a splash of club soda or lemon-lime soda.
- For a non-alcoholic version of this drink, simply omit the vodka and Blue Curacao in favor of a Blue Curacao syrup.
Your guests are going to love this Haunted Mansion Cocktail. After a few of these, your wall hangings might end up looking like stretching portraits. So whip up a batch and don’t forget, there’s always room for one more at the Haunted Mansion. Cheers!
Haunted Mansion Cocktail
- 1 1/2 ounce Vodka
- 1 ounce Blue Curacao
- 1 ounce Grenadince
- 2 ounces Cranberry juice
- Purple sprinkles
- In shaker, add ice and pour in vodka and blue curacao. Add in cranberry juice and grenadine. Give it a good shake.
- Wet the rim of the glass. Place sprinkles on a plate and place the wet glass face down into it. Sprinkles will stick to the rim.
- Pour the cocktail into the glass. Serve!