Put a Spell on Your Guests with a Hocus Pocus Cocktail
The witching hour is soon approaching and it’s time to get your spook on! If you’re looking for a ghoulishly good cocktail to serve at your Halloween party, look no further than the Hocus Pocus Cocktail. With its gorgeous Halloween cocktail purple and blue layers, it’s sure to put a spell on you!
Halloween Gin Cocktails
This festive Halloween cocktail made with gin and Blue Curacao gets its creepy colors from the butterfly pea flower tea. With a splash of club soda and lemon juice it’s light, refreshing and has just a hint of sweetness.
It’s layered to perfection and garnished with sprig of mint and a maraschino cherry. If you’re feeling extra festive, you can even rim the glass with purple or blue sugar.
The Everyday Mouse is an Amazon partner. If you click on a link to make a purchase, we make a small commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you for your support!
Hocus Pocus, I Need a Cocktail to Focus
If you’re a fan of Disney, no doubt you’ve heard of the baddest sisters this side of Salem, Massachusetts. The Sanderson sisters, Winifred, Mary and Sarah Sanderson, were notorious for their wicked ways.
In the film Hocus Pocus, they’re resurrected on Halloween night and go on a rampage through the town of Salem, casting spells and trying to suck the life out of children. In the end, they’re thwarted by a group of kids and turned into dust.
With the new sequel coming out this year, now is the perfect time to make a Hocus Pocus cocktail in their honor.
So whether you’re getting ready for a night of trick-or-treating or just want a spooky cocktail to sip on, this Hocus Pocus cocktail is perfect for you!
NOT READY TO MAKE THIS RECIPE? PIN THE IMAGE ABOVE ⬆️ TO YOUR DISNEY RECIPES BOARD ON PINTEREST—SO IT’S EASY TO FIND WHEN YOU NEED IT!
A Spellbinding Halloween Cocktail Recipe
This Hocus Pocus cocktail is inspired by the Sanderson sisters and their mischievous ways. It’s the best purple Halloween cocktail in our spell book. And while it shouldn’t be given to children, it’s sure to put a spell on any grown-up who takes a sip!
What You’ll Need for the Hocus Pocus Cocktail
- Extra Dry Gin
- Blue Curacao
- Butterfly Pea Flower Tea
- Lemon juice
- Club soda
- Mint sprig, garnish
- Maraschino cherry, garnish
Because we’re infusing the gin with the butterfly pea flower tea, you’ll need to start this recipe the day before. But trust us, it’s worth the wait!
How to Make the Hocus Pocus Cocktail
Start by steeping the butterfly pea flowers in the gin overnight in a glass jar or a covered cup on the counter. This will give the gin a gorgeous purple color.
The next day (another glorious morning), remove the tea bag from the gin and add ice to your favorite glass. We like a martini glass for this themed drink, but any clear glass that can show off the beautiful layers works well.
Add the Blue Curacao to the glass, then slowly add lemon juice. Next you’ll very slowly add the gin so that it layers nicely. Add a splash of club soda, then garnish with a mint sprig and maraschino cherries.
Witches Brew Variations
Dress up your spooky cocktail to serve at your Halloween party or for a fun Halloween movie night with one of these festive ideas:
- Rim the glass with purple or blue sugar.
- Use a fun pick to stab through the cherries to add a spooky touch.
- For an extra spooky garnish, add some dry ice to the glass.
- Pour the Hocus Pocus cocktails into a skeleton glass.
- Use black sprinkles along the rim as a nod to the black flame candle.
- Set up a cauldron with smoke coming out of it with your witches brew drinks set up near it for a fun, decorative touch.
Whether you’re planning a Halloween party or just want to run amuck, amuck, amuck, this Hocus Pocus Cocktail is sure to be a hit with all your best witches. Cheers!
Hocus Pocus Cocktail
- 4 ounces Seagram's Extra Dry Gin
- 1 packet of Butterfly Pea Flower Tea
- 2 ounces Blue Curacao
- 1 ounce lemon juice
- 1 ounce club soda
- Mint sprig
- Maraschino cherries
- Using a small glass jar, pour the gin into the jar and place one butterfly pea flower tea pouch into the gin.
- Allow this to sit out overnight.
- In the morning next day, remove the tea packet
- Using a 8 oz glass, fill with ice and pour the blue curacao into the glass
- Slowly pour the 1 oz lemon juice on top of the blue curacao
- Very slowly, pour 2 oz of gin
- Splash with club soda
- Garnish with mint and maraschino cherries