If you are looking for an easy and delicious weeknight dinner, this Parmesan garlic chicken and rice Instant Pot meal is perfect for you. The chicken and rice are cooked in the Instant Pot with garlic, butter, lemon juice, and chicken broth for a one-pot meal that is sure to please everyone. The dish is finished with Parmesan cheese, salt, and black pepper for extra flavor.
Why Parmesan Garlic Chicken and Rice?
This Parmesan garlic chicken and rice Instant Pot meal is a flavorful and easy weeknight dinner. It’s easy to make for night’s when you have a lot going on or just for a hearty meal on a chilly night. It’s easy to make and tastes amazing. It’s sure to become a family favorite!
How to Make Instant Pot Parmesan Garlic Chicken and Rice
The whole family will love this creamy parmesan chicken and rice dinner! Add some cooked broccoli to the final dish, mixing it in for a complete meal.
For a faster cooking time, I suggest using pre-cooked frozen chicken breast. You can just throw it right into the instant pot with the garlic and margarine.
If you want a creamier dish, add in 1/4 cup of heavy cream when adding the chicken broth.
This recipe is easily doubled or tripled if needed. Just make sure to adjust the cooking time accordingly.
Not ready to make these Valentine truffles? Pin them to your Valentine Recipes board on Pinterest so it’s easy to find when you need it!
How to Store Parmesan Chicken and Rice
If you are not serving the dish immediately, store the rice and chicken separately. Store refrigerated in a zip-top Ziploc bag or sealed in an airtight container for up to 3 days.
The leftovers taste great reheated for a delicious lunch the next day.
Now that you know how easy it is to make instant pot garlic parmesan chicken and rice, it’s sure to be one of your go to dinners. The great thing about it is that it’s a one pot meal, so there’s hardly any clean up.
It’s perfect for busy weeknights or when you just don’t feel like cooking.
We hope you & your family enjoy this delicious and easy to make parmesan chicken and rice meal!
Looking for more quick and easy weeknight dinners? Check more great main dish choices.
- 1 1/2 pounds Chicken Breasts
- 4 tbsp Margarine or Butter
- 3 tbsp Garlic minced
- 4 cups Chicken Broth
- 1 1/2 tbsp Lemon Juice
- 1 1/2 cups White Rice
- 1 cup Parmesan Cheese
- 1 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1/4 tsp Black Pepper
- Turn your Instant Pot to the sauté mode.
- Once it’s hot, add in the garlic and butter.
- After the butter melts, add in your cooked chicken.
- Stir occasionally to make sure the chicken is cooked all the way through.
- Add in your lemon juice, chicken broth, and white rice.
- Stir well to make sure everything is incorporated.
- Push ‘cancel’ to turn off the sauté mode.
- Turn the pressure cooker to high pressure and let it cook for 10 minutes.
- After the mixture is done, allow it to release naturally for 5 minutes.
- Manually release by carefully turning the valve with a hot pad or towel.
- Open your instant pot by twisting the lid.
- Add in the Parmesan cheese, salt, and pepper. Mix well.
- Serve and enjoy!