Unwind In Style With the Tempting Disney Rum Swizzle Cocktail
This rum swizzle recipe is perfect for your next tropical getaway or to bring the taste of the islands home with you! Made with three types of rum, pineapple juice, guava juice, and mango juice, this easy rum swizzle recipe is delicious and refreshing. And, it’s perfect for any occasion!
Whether you’re looking for an easy summer cocktail or just want to pretend you’re on vacation, this Rum Swizzle is the way to go!
What is a Rum Swizzle Cocktail?
A Rum Swizzle is a refreshing and fruity mixed drink that originates from Bermuda. This cocktail is made with rum, pineapple juice, orange juice, and lime juice, and is often served over ice.
The most important ingredient in this cocktail is the rum, so be sure to use a good quality rum for the best results.
The first time I experienced a rum swizzle cocktail was during a family vacation at Disney’s Polynesian Resort in Walt Disney World. It’s surprisingly light and is made with lite rum, black rum, Falernum Spiced Rum, and yummy tropical juices. The end result is pure deliciousness.
Any cocktail inspired by Disney is a good one, in my book. Most people have at least one cocktail that they had at Disney and they can’t get it off of their mind. This sweet & exotic drink with Falernum may be the Disney cocktail that you can’t live without!
The Everyday Mouse is an Amazon partner. If you click on a link to make a purchase, we make a small commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you for your support!
Where can you find this cocktail at Disney?
You can find the Rum Swizzle at many of the on property Disney resorts including Walt Disney World’s Fort Wilderness Crockett’s Tavern!
More Disney World locations that serve rum swizzle cocktails:
- Port Orleans’ Scat Cat Club Lounge
- Wilderness Lodge’s Territory Lounge
- Disney’s Contemporary Resort’s Outer Rim
The rum swizzle is one of Disney’s signature drinks, so you should find it at most resort bars. If you don’t see it on the menu, just ask! Disney bartenders are the best in the biz.
Keep in mind that if you know what’s in the drink, you can ask any bar to make this for you. Most places have rum on hand and they are good at improvising. If you can’t get enough of the rum-based drink, you can make it anytime in your own kitchen with our delicious rum swizzle cocktail recipe.
NOT READY TO MAKE THIS RECIPE? PIN THE IMAGE ABOVE ⬆️ TO YOUR DISNEY RECIPES BOARD ON PINTEREST—SO IT’S EASY TO FIND WHEN YOU NEED IT!
How to Make a Rum Swizzle Cocktail
Everything in this adult drink works together so well, you’ll feel like your on a tropical getaway each time you sip! The recipe can easily be made for a crowd, but be warned… once you introduce these to your friends, they’ll be asking you to make it again and again!
Tips for Making Your Disney Cocktail for a Crowd
If you want to make a single drink, then follow on the recipe card below. But if you’re looking to make a pitcher or a punch bowl of this Disney Rum Swizzle Cocktail, then use these tips to make enough for a crowd.
- For one drink, multiply everything by four.
- For a pitcher, multiply everything by six.
- For a punch bowl, multiply everything by twelve.
Making this Disney copycat recipe for a large group has never been easier!
Variation Options for Rum Drinks
- Pineapple juice is a good option, but if you don’t have it on hand, you can also use orange juice or tropical juice mix.
- If you want a non-alcoholic version of this drink, you can omit the rum and just add in extra pineapple juice.
- For an extra bit of sweetness, you can top off your Disney Rum Swizzle Cocktail with a orange slice and maraschino cherry (or two).
- Not a fan of Falernum Spice Rum? You can leave it out of the recipe or substitute it for another type of rum. Falernum spice rum is a type of spiced rum that has a sweet and spicy flavor. It is made with various different spices, including cloves, ginger, and allspice.
- Give your rum swizzle a little variety and use Disney’s infamous POG juice as a base for your tropical cocktail.
- What’s a rum swizzle without a swizzle stick? Use a fun swizzle with cherries on it to add a fun touch to your gathering.
Rum Swizzle Ingredients
- Lite rum
- Black rum
- Falernum Spiced Rum
- Pineapple juice
- Guava juice
- Mango juice
- Orange slices, garnish
- Maraschino cherries, garnish
- Swizzle Stick (optional)
First, fill your favorite tropical glass with ice. I love to use my Disney tiki cup for this drink! It’s a treasured reminder of some fun adventures at WDW.
In a large cocktail shaker add all ingredients and shake to combine. You are then going to pour the cocktail mixture into the glass. Garnish with orange slice and a few cherries.
This Disney Rum Swizzle Cocktail is so good! It’s the perfect drink to enjoy with friends and family. The rum and juices mix together perfectly for light, refreshing drink that’s perfect for any occasion. And, it looks pretty too!
Not ready to make this tropical rum swizzle cocktail? Pin it to your Disney Cocktails Pinterest board so it’s easy to find when you need it!
Whether you’re looking for a fun adult beverage to enjoy on your next Disney vacation or want to bring the taste of the islands home with you, this Rum Swizzle Cocktail recipe is a must-try. It’s easy to make and even easier to drink!
So, what are you waiting for? Give it a try today!
Rum Swizzle Cocktail
- 1 oz Lite Rum
- 1 oz Black Rum
- 1⁄2 oz Falernum Spiced Rum
- 1 oz Pineapple Juice
- 1 oz Guava Juice
- 1 oz Mango Juice
- Fill your glass with ice.
- In a large cocktail shaker add all ingredients and shake to combine.
- Pour the cocktail mixture into the glass.
- Garnish and enjoy