Valentine’s day is coming up quick and is there anything better than a homemade treat to celebrate with? These Valentine truffles can be made easily for a unique and delicious chocolate candy treat.
Valentine Chocolate Recipe
When most people see the word truffle they think the recipe is going to be too complicated to make at home, but nothing could be further from the truth. This Valentine truffles recipe is easy to make and a fun family activity to make a fun Valentine treat together.
How to Make Valentine Truffles
These truffles are made with just two ingredients that are probably already in your kitchen right now! With just chocolate chips and heavy whipping cream, these truffles are easy to whip up for an afterschool snack or to finish off a special meal.
Once your truffle mixture has hardened, even the kids can get in on the fun by choosing what to roll the truffle balls in.
Delicious Truffle Variations
There are lots of ways to make your truffles from adding flavors to your recipe to what you cover them in. Here are a few suggestions to try for different types of truffles.
- Add raspberry flavoring to the melted chocolate and roll the cooled truffles in chocolate jimmies.
- For a spicy kick, add cinnamon to the heavy whipping cream and a dash of cayenne pepper before chilling. Cover in crushed chocolate cookies for an extra kick of chocolate.
- Roll truffles in finely chopped nuts, coconut, or even crumbled bacon.
- Cover finished truffles in crushed candy canes or cocoa mix.
- Use different colored sprinkles for different holidays.
- Add mint extract to the melted mixture and roll them in crushed Thin Mints or other mint chocolate cookies.
Your kids will love the process of decorating each ball to make a fun treat for friends, classmates, or loved ones.
Now you know how to make some beautiful and delicious Valentine truffles, surprise your Valentine or your friends and family with a homemade treat this year instead of a store bought one.
Not ready to make these Valentine truffles? Pin them to your Valentine Recipes board on Pinterest so it’s easy to find when you need it!
More Valentine’s Day Fun
- 3 cups semi sweet chocolate chips
- 1 1/2 cups heavy whipping cream
- Pink confetti sprinkles
- Candy hearts
- Place chocolate chips and heavy whipping cream in a medium sauce pan.
- Heat the mixture on low, stirring frequently until the milk chocolate chips melt.
- Line a loaf pan with parchment paper and pour the melted mixture into the pan.
- Place in the fridge for 2 hours.
- Remove the truffle mixture from the refrigerator and either use a small scoop to roll 1 inch truffles and put them on a parchment lined cookie sheet, or use a mold and put some truffle mix into the mold.
- Freeze for 10 minutes.
- Pop the truffles from the mold. Roll the truffles in confetti sprinkles, crushed cookies, or mini chocolate candies.
- Place your truffles in fridge in an airtight container until ready to serve.