Fresh flavors and bright colors make this lobster roll a perfect summertime meal. The lobster is cooked in a creamy, buttery sauce then nestled in a toasted bun with lemon and crispy lettuce. It’s a delish dish that’s sure to impress with very little energy on your part.
I’m not sure about where you are, but finding a buttery lobster roll in Austin can be a challenge. Being a few hours away from the Gulf of Mexico, we’re a bit spoiled when it comes to seafood.
With this easy recipe, there’s no need to head to South Padre for dinner… it’s ready in minutes right in our kitchen!
This warm lobster roll is packed with flavor. The lobster is cooked in the instant pot, making it tender and juicy. The bun is toasted and buttered, then filled with crispy lettuce and the lobster mixture, then sprinkled with fresh lemon juice for the perfect twang. It’s a simple dish that’s sure to please.
Instant Pot Warm Lobster Roll Recipe
If you’re looking for a show-stopping meal, this lobster roll is it. Perfect for summer entertaining, this dish will impress your guests with its flavor and presentation.
The lobster is cooked in a flavorful butter sauce, then nestled in a toasted bun with crispy lettuce, lemon, and fresh herbs. It’s a dish that’s sure to satisfy everyone’s appetite.
- Frozen lobster tails
- Lemon juice
- Chopped parsley
- Hot dog buns
- Old Bay seasoning
To make this seafood dish, start by cooking the lobster in the instant pot. This will ensure that the lobster & seafood mix is cooked to perfection.
While the lobster is cooking, butter and toast your buns and set aside.
Add the mayonnaise, butter, lemon juice, and seasonings to a large bowl.
Once the lobster is cooked, remove it from the pot and chop it into 3/4 inch pieces.
Add the cooked lobster to the large bowl with the mayo mixture. Mix well so that all of the lobster is coated.
Add lettuce leaves to the toasted bun (optional), then scoop your creamy lobster mixture onto the bun and serve warm.
Note: Get the detailed directions in the recipe card below.
Can I Use Canned Lobster Meat?
If you can’t find fresh or frozen lobster, you can use canned lobster meat. Just be sure to drain it well and give it a rough chop before adding it to the mayonnaise mixture.
Lobster Roll Buns
Let’s talk lobster roll buns… while we’re using split top hot dog buns here for simplicity can certainly use a New England style bun, or any bakery bun that has an ultra-buttery, fluffy texture while still being able to hold up to the lobster mixture.
What to Serve with Lobster Rolls?
While you could serve this as is and call it a day, we like to round out the meal with some homemade kettle chips, seasoned fries, or a light salad.
At lunch, lobster roll sides tend to be lighter like fruit or coleslaw.
How to Store Lobster Rolls?
If you have any leftovers, simply store the lobster mixture in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3 days. For best results you’ll want to toast your buns right before you’re ready to serve them.
You can also freeze the lobster mixture for up to 2 months. When you’re ready to enjoy, simply thaw in the fridge overnight then follow the recipe instructions to assemble.
This warm lobster roll recipe is perfect for summer entertaining. It’s packed with flavor and easy to make ahead of time.
Whether you’re serving this for a casual family dinner or after a long day at the beach, this warm lobster roll is sure to please. With its bright flavors and beautiful presentation, it’s a dish that’s sure to impress everyone.
- 4 lobster frozen tails OR 1 cup frozen lobster (2 tails) and 1 cup other cooked seafood (i.e.: shrimp, crab, shrimp, etc.) cut into 3/4 in pieces
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 1/2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon parsley, plus more for garnish if desired
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 4 split top hot dog buns
- 2 tablespoons butter softened
- 1 tbsp old bay seasoning (optional)
- Add 1 cup of water into the instant pot, then sprinkle in your Old Bay seasoning with the water.
- Cut a slice down the back with kitchen shears of the lobster tails. This will make opening the tail easier, especially as it will be hot from being in the pot.
- Place the trivet inside the instant pot, and then add your lobster tails. Upside down on the trivet.
- Close the instant pot lid by twisting the lid on and close the valve by pushing it away from you.
- Set your instant pot to high pressure for four minutes.
- While your lobster tails are cooking, open your hot dog buns and butter both sides. Lightly toast them on a flat cooking surface.
- Next, mix the mayonnaise, lemon juice, parsley, salt, pepper, and butter together in a large bowl.
- Once your Instant Pot is done, manually release by pulling the valve toward you to release the steam. Do this with a towel or hot pad to protect from burns.
- Remove your lobster tails from the instant pot with tongs and transfer them carefully to a cutting board.
- Cut open the shells from the tails and remove the meat.
- Cut the seafood/lobster into small pieces and add to your mayonnaise mixture. Mix well.
- Add your seafood mixture to your toasted hotdog roll. Top with parsley, or lemon juice, and enjoy!